2017 SCAMP General Information
Our five-week session will run from Tuesday, June 27, through Thursday, July 27.
SCAMP will meet Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Open house is Monday, June 26 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- SCAMP will be closed Monday July 3 & Tuesday July 4 for summer break.
LOCATION: West Hills Middle School, 2601 Lone Pine Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
(West Hills is located on Lone Pine Road just East of Middlebelt Rd)
TUITION: $1,025 (Includes a $25 non-refundable registration fee)
Parents planning on applying for a scholarship, using MORC respite funds or any other outside agency monies still must pay the $25 registration fee in order to register a child/adult in SCAMP. SCAMP will not refund this money and will only bill outside agencies $1,000 for the cost of SCAMP.
ALL TUITION IS DUE ON JUNE 1 OR UPON ENROLLMENT IF AFTER THAT DATE.
***No tuition refunds will be given after SCAMP begins***
CAMPERS: Must be able to function within a 3:1 ratio unless accompanied by a one on one from their school district as part of ESY.
FINANCIAL AID: SCAMP does not directly fund scholarships, but disperses monies from outside donors. There are limited partial scholarships that are available providing the camper meets the criteria and are given on a first-come-first-serve basis. SCAMP also coordinates with outside agencies such as MORC, CLS, ARC, Easter Seals as well as your child’s school. Monies will only be applied when we have been supplied with evidence of approval by a letter of intent to pay from agency or organization. Eligibility requirements:
- Family income of $40,000 or less (MUST include 1040 tax form as proof of income. Please do not send us your entire tax return and black or white out your social security number) OR Documented financial hardship such as loss of job.
- More than one child in SCAMP.
- Documented financial hardship such as loss of job
- Michigan Elks Association scholarships require campers to be 17 years or younger
Registration is NOT complete until a completed enrollment packet is mailed to the Bloomfield Hills Recreation Department. Please find our enrollment packet at www.bloomfieldscamp.com
TRANSPORTATION: SCAMP has received a grant from the Women of Bloomfield that has allowed us to provide transportation for a limited number of campers for a small fee of $125. Our two buses pick up from the following locations: 1) Royal Oak 2) South Lyon, Novi, and Farmington Hills
***NO SPOTS WILL BE RESERVED/HELD FOR ANY CAMPER WHO DOES NOT REGISTER AND PAY FEE***
***Please note that limited wheelchair spots are available per bus***