At SCAMP we take our tuition payments seriously. Each year unpaid tuition has a negative effect on the next year’s budget. This year SCAMP is enforcing tougher tuition collection policies in order to maintain the high quality of programming that our parents and community have come to expect from us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2023 SCAMP General Information
Our five-week session will run from Tuesday, June 27, through Thursday, July 27.
SCAMP will meet Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Open house is Monday, June 26 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- SCAMP will be closed Monday July 3 & Tuesday July 4 for summer break.
LOCATION: West Hills Middle School, 2601 Lone Pine Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
(West Hills is located on Lone Pine Road just East of Middlebelt Rd)
TUITION: $1,225 (Includes a $25 non-refundable registration fee)
- IF YOU REGISTER AND PAY IN FULL PRIOR TO MAY 1ST YOUR REGISTRATION FEE IS WAIVED
- Parents planning on applying for a scholarship, using MORC respite funds or any other outside agency monies still must pay the $25 registration fee in order to register a child/adult in SCAMP. SCAMP will not refund this money and will only bill outside agencies $1,200 for the cost of SCAMP.
- ALL TUITION IS DUE ON JUNE 1 OR UPON ENROLLMENT IF AFTER THAT DATE.
- Early registration begins March 1 and continues through June 1. A class may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Parents will be notified by June 15 if a class has been cancelled.
***No tuition refunds will be given after SCAMP begins***
CAMPERS: Must be able to function within a 3:1 ratio unless accompanied by a one on one from their school district as part of ESY.
FINANCIAL AID: SCAMP does not directly fund scholarships, but disperses monies from outside donors. There are limited full and partial scholarships that are available providing the camper meets the criteria and are given on a first-come-first-serve basis. SCAMP also coordinates with outside agencies such as MORC, CLS, ARC, Easter Seals as well as your child’s school. Monies will only be applied when we have been supplied with evidence of approval by a letter of intent to pay from agency or organization. Eligibility guidelines
- Family income of $50,000 or less
- More than one child in SCAMP.
- Documented financial hardship such as loss of job.
TRANSPORTATION: SCAMP has received a grant from the Women of Bloomfield that has allowed us to provide transportation for a number of campers for a small fee of $125. Buses must be filled in order to operate. Our two buses pick up from the following locations: 1) Royal Oak 2) South Lyon, Novi, and Farmington Hills
***NO SPOTS WILL BE RESERVED/HELD FOR ANY CAMPER WHO DOES NOT REGISTER AND PAY FEE***
***Please note that limited wheelchair spots are available per bus***